Welcome to the online press kit for Rhonda Duffy
Real Estate, Real Simple
A real estate expert & consumer advocate, Rhonda lifts the veil on her industry to change the way real estate is done
The head of a national consumer advocacy group once described the real estate business as a “cartel” that sets prices and blocks competition to maintain high commissions. “In no other important consumer service industry are prices and services so opaque,” Steven Brobeck of the Consumer Federation Foundation said in a 2006 testimony before government anti-trust regulators.
You might not expect to hear that quote from the woman ranked #1 Agent in the U.S. for resales three years in row, but Rhonda Duffy is no ordinary real estate broker. Ranked the top real estate agent for sold properties in Georgia for 12 years running, Rhonda has become the media’s go to expert on real estate matters. That stature comes from her commonsense approach, consumer advocacy and work to educate the public on the rapidly changing landscape of her profession.
A lot has changed in the 13 years during which Rhonda rose to become one of America’s most trusted voices on real estate. The housing market collapsed and rebounded, mortgages remain near historic lows, and the Internet now gives consumers more choices than ever, whether they are buying or selling a home.
As owner and broker of Duffy Realty of Atlanta, Rhonda has dedicated her business to lifting the veil of confusion around real estate and beating the high commission rates of traditional brokers. Her company charges sellers $500 up front and .0075 of the sales price at closing, plus 3 percent if a buyer’s agent is involved. Using this structure, she has made sellers more than $45 million over traditional commissions. While most agents are reported to be referred only 3% of the time by past clients to potential clients, Rhonda is referred 92% of the time.
Since 2005, Rhonda has licensed her business model in 57 major cities across the United States. When not sharing her expertise with major media such as the Wall Street Journal, CNN, CNBC and MarketWatch, she offers coaching to help aspiring agents elevate their professionalism.
Rhonda’s top focus is consumer advocacy through media appearances, research and education. Duffy Realty commissioned a study through Empire Research Group and from it, created two videos, “Four Challenges of Selling a Home” for sellers and “Four Key Threats to Buying” for buyers. She also created a proprietary Buyer Action Timeline for buyers and agents. “The goal is to avoid buyer’s remorse, because 86% of buyers have buyer’s remorse within the first three months of moving into the house,” she says.
Rhonda prides herself in revealing real estate secrets that shock, enlighten and educate her audience, such as:
* 95 percent of real estate transactions are done by 5 percent of agents. “Even top agents average only 3.5 full transactions per year, which means that the large majority of agents do one transaction a year.”
* Most agents spend little to market listings – $193 on average over a six-month listing. “Choosing an agent who can pay for your listing to be marketed is key to your success.”
* 97 percent of homebuyers start their search online, yet buyers spend just 2 seconds looking at photos before they move on. As a result they often rule out great homes due to bad photos or staging. “The way your home shows online matters most to your success,” she says.
Rhonda’s aim is to empower consumers with knowledge to guide them through a process in which they are deeply invested, emotionally and financially. Her ultimate goal is to change the way real estate is done.
“My purpose is to expose what real estate agents do to list, market and close a home, so that homeowners will no longer feel the need to pay someone 2.5 percent of the home’s purchase price and can instead keep the money in their own pocket,” she says. “Real estate has changed and it is my job to tell the public how.”
See a 2014 case study: A Tale of Two Houses Next Door Where Duffy Beat the Dickens Out of the Traditional Real Estate Model
Download a One Pager
1. Buy a house, get a Cancun vacation: Top Agent Rhonda Duffy offers vacation package for homebuyers
2. Flat-Fee Realty Guru Revolutionizes Real Estate: Rhonda Duffy Honored as #1 Retail Listing Agent in the U.S.
3. Duffy Realty of Atlanta Teams with TCA-NFF to Show Support for Georgia High School Athletes
For more information, visit www.DuffyRealtyofAtlanta.com
Michelle@PublicityResults.com, or blog www.StorytellerToTheMedia.com